Each year the McGinnis Woods parent Association sponsors Teacher Grants. Grant requests are written and applied for by classroom and allows teachers to provide for unique opportunities or resources that will enhance classroom teaching and learning. The grants are a tangible way that the Parent Association gives back to each of our students each year.
Past grants have provided for learning games, classroom tools and games, unique teacher training and supplies for our school gardens. The grants encourage our teachers and staff to think "outside the box" and help to enrich the classroom experience.
- This year the PA granted requests for: 4 iPad Minis for Pre-K learning centers, additional robotics kits, new DigiBlocks for math instruction and additional Microsoft tablets.
- One year teacher grants made it possible for Ms. Kim to participate in staff development at Space Camp in Huntsville, AL.
- Every grade level benefits from our Teacher Grants.
- Teacher grants are made possible through the generous support of our Parent Association fundraisers.
- Teacher Grants make learning fun!