VALENTINE'S DAY FAMILY DANCE
A favorite event of the McGinnis Woods Family is the Annual Valentine's Dance. Unlike some other schools in our area, McGinnis Woods invites ALL of our families to join us in the celebration! Children from the preschool through the middle school come together to the dance. Traditionally, we offer heavy appetizers for an evening meal, a dance floor and a top area DJ to complete our package. Teachers, parents, students and friends spend time together and rarely are they sitting down! The Valentine's Dance is a great way to see the community that is built at McGinnis Woods.
Each year our wonderful teachers put together fun opportunities for the students to do activities with them outside the classroom setting. These packages are then auctioned off at the dance to raise money for the school. So whether your child has always wanted to be Principal for the day or hang out with the famous Mr. Josh and do his School of Rock, there is bound to be an event offered that your child would love. The best part is that while they are making memories with the teachers, the PA is able to use the funds to invest back in the classrooms or for general school improvement. How can it get better than that?!
- Children of all ages can be caught out on the dance floor - infants in their mommies arms to the 8th graders cutting a rug!
- Each year our venue and menu have shifted slightly. What has stayed the same is the fun had by all!
- Line dances continue to crowd the floor...it is great to see Mom and Dad sharing how to do the YMCA to their kids.
- This year the auction has many different teacher auction items with fun for all ages planned.
- Raffles happen each year at the event as well. Interested in a free week of summer camp? With one $10 ticket you might just get your wish!
ONLINE TICKET PRE-SALES NOW AVAILABLE!
You can now purchase your tickets to the Valentine's Day Dance online using your credit card or PayPal account!
PRE-SALES TICKET PRICES
$20.00 each for current McGinnis Woods Families
$30.00 each for former McGinnis Woods Families
Click the "Add to Cart" button below, then select your quantity and checkout!